Total Immersion Homestay in Ireland
INSURANCE: All students must purchase their insurance policy to cover any losses, delays accidents or injuries during their stay. Homestay Programme
Ages: 10-17 years.
Accommodation: Host family accommodation
Dates: June, July, August, Easter, Halloween
Total Immersion Homestay Programme:
- In this programme young students are placed in families with a child of a similar age or younger.
- The basis of our Total Immersion homestay programme is that students are isolated from their mother tongue.
- Many of our host families live in rural locations, so students are less likely to meet other speakers of their native language.
- A student of another nationality may be present with the host family, we place students of the same nationality together on request only.
- The focus is on participating in daily family life, and gaining confidence in spoken English in an informal setting.
- The foreign student lives as a member of the Irish host family, interacting with family, friends and local teenagers for the duration of the visit.
- One full day and two half days outings or activities are offered to the visiting student focussing on local tourist sites and events.
The daily life of the family continues as normal and the student should be willing to adapt to the family routine, different meal schedules etc.
The student will live as a member of the host family not as a guest.
A basic knowledge of English helps communication.
What's included in the price: Homestay accommodation, meals, outings/activities as described, laundry facilities of the family.
Co-ordinator support during the visit.
Arrival and airport transfers: Shannon Airport, Knock Airport or Dublin Airport.
Please consult us before booking your ticket if you require a transfer.
Host family, Ireland, Irish, homestay, farm stay,activities,Irish Host Family,teenager,english,language,school year,language,.